In the beginning of 2011, the Police informed us that at least one toddler is raped weekly in Kayamandi! Most rape cases take part amongst the shack communities where parents are unemployed, but not sufficiently watchful over toddlers playing amongst the shacks in the mornings. This motivated us to start a playgroup for the toddlers to keep them safe and occupied in the mornings and to expose them to vital Early Childhood Development.
This project has expanded and there is a desperate need for further expansion into other areas of Kayamandi.
What we need:
- Volunteers to commit their time to assist in our playgroups
- Educational toys and activities for ages 3-6
- Stationery such as paper, crayons, finger paint
- Funds to buy Wendy Houses in which we hold the playgroups (+/- R20 000)
- Teacher salaries (contact email@example.com for further details)
- Rent for land on which Wendy House is placed in the community